Gift ideas for those who already have everything
With Valentines Day right around the corner, you might be trying to figure out what to get that special someone on your list that seems to already have everything. The last thing you want to do is buy something that will end up in the junk pile or get tossed out later. One thing to consider is switching up your game plan this year; don’t grab a random item off the shelves the next time you are in the store. Put some thought into what your special someone could really use or think of something that they really need.
An experience they won’t forget!
We all have enough stuff and probably don’t need more gifts that won’t get used. Whatever you end up deciding make sure you put some thought into it. Sit down and think about what they really like, or use their favorite foods as inspiration. I’d recommend gifting an experience such as:
- Wine tasting: This could be perfect for the wine lover to experience something new and it gets them out of the house for a special night.
- A relaxing massage: Who doesn’t need a massage these days? Day-to-day stress is something that plagues everyone (men and women) so this could be the perfect gift.
- Concert tickets: Everyone loves music so this could be a great surprise. You don’t have to splurge on expensive tickets either. A lot of times you can find smaller shows and festivals in your community.
Give the gift of time!
We all know life can be hectic at times. If I’m being honest it’s hectic most of the time. Between working, caring for the kids, school and errands it feels like a rollercoaster. I often feel like there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done. Everyone needs a break (married couples, single parents). Here are some great ways to help your friends or loved ones:
- Babysitting services: This could be perfect for overworked or stressed parents that just need a night out or a break for a few hours to get a few errands completed.
- Home cleaning services: We all need a little help from time to time and gifting an hour or two of help around the house could be so valuable.
- Meal delivery services: One meal or a week’s worth could be a blessing in disguise to someone in your life.
Most people see gift cards as an easy way out when it comes to gift giving. However, it gives the recipient the freedom to buy what they want or need. I no longer grab random gift cards off the rack. I make sure each card that is gifted can be used. For example, co-workers get cards to their favorite restaurants so they can treat themselves to free lunch. For parents or couples, I give commissary gift cards because everyone can use groceries. If I’m not sure what someone likes or wants a monetary card works great.
Don’t wreck your brain trying to figure out what to get someone that already has everything. There are many options out there and the great thing is these gifts can be given during special occasions like Valentines Day, birthdays and anniversaries as well. I hope these ideas help make your gift-giving experience a little easier.
Have a lovely Valentines Day!